|The Essence of Qigong:
This ancient discipline combines mental concentration, breathing technique, and body movements to activate and cultivate 'vital energy' as it flows through the invisible channels in our body. "Qi" (pronounced 'chee') means air/breath or vital energy that forms all animate and inanimate things. "Gong" means work, self-discipline, the function and benefit of this energy. Qigong can help bring balance to the body physically as well as emotionally and spiritually.
Some health benefits:
- strengthen digestive and elimination systems for vitality and weight loss
- clear away toxic build-up and slow aging caused by blocked energy in vital organs
- reinforce body's natural immune defense
- improve flexibility in muscles and joints
- calm nervous system for increased sense of inner peace
- increase oxygenation to body's cells to balance blood pressure and help relieve stress
Qigong teaches us to use our mind, body and spirit together to help open energy channels, remove blockages and bring Yin/Yang energy back into balance.
Yin energy- female, passive and spiritual (eg woman, water, earth)
Yang energy- male,active, physical (eg man, fire, sky)
We need a balance of these energies for optimal overall health.
Following the beautiful practice of qigong, we will spend several minutes in meditation. It is a wonderfully healing 'duo' as we have 'moved' and nourished the energy in our bodies & spirits and then proceed to calm and center the energy even further in meditation.
Trust in the Magic.
Click here to receive Sage Tidings... a 'now and then' newsletter with updates and life philosophy.